Dec 31, 2010

Family Room Inspiration

The sofa designs below are interesting. I like the base color neutral. We will use color via pillows.  The designer/custom look is critical.

The view of our family room is good.  I don't want to block the view with a big piece of furniture.  Need to figure out how to arrange sofas/chairs so that we can watch TV, enjoy the view, work and watch kids.

Need to figure out what to do with the alcove in the family.   This could be an area where our child can play and I can also work with my laptop there.  Maybe a nice bench or daybed with pillows.  Maybe put a sheer curtain for kids to hide away.

We might need an entertainment center or console below the flat screen TV.  We probably won't purchase this until we can figure out if we can do without a TV in the family.  I don't want my kid to watch too much TV.

I like roll arm sofas.  However, I am open for different designs.  I also prefer sofas with one large cushion.  If we have many cushions for a sofa, I am afraid kid's toys or food will be caught.


Need stain resistance - kid friendly.  The frame of sofa and furniture needs to be strong in case kids  knock them down.  No sharp corner.  






No comments:

Post a Comment